In the News
- 03.15.17 – Relativistic Electrons Uncovered with NASA’s Van Allen Probes
- Earth’s radiation belts, two doughnut-shaped regions of charged particles encircling our planet, were discovered more than 50 years ago, but their behavior is still not completely understood.
- 03.15.17 – NASA’s Solarium Heads to the American Museum of Natural History
- NASA’s Solarium invites visitors to get up close and personal with the sun on March 18, 2017, in celebration of Sun-Earth Day at the American Museum of Natural History in New York City.
- 03.02.17 – NASA Scientists Demonstrate Technique to Improve Particle Warnings that Protect Astronauts
- Our constantly-changing sun sometimes erupts with bursts of light, solar material, or ultra-fast energized particles – collectively, these events contribute to space weather.
- 02.11.17 – NASA’s Solar Dynamics Observatory: Year 7 Ultra HD (4k)
- Published on Feb 11, 2017
The Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) has now captured nearly seven years worth of ultra-high resolution solar footage.
- 02.03.17 – Eclipse 2017: NASA Supports a Unique Opportunity for Science in the Shadow
- The first total solar eclipse in the continental United States in nearly 40 years takes place on Aug. 21, 2017.